We are offering an exciting position to those with boating, water sport, and customer service related backgrounds. VS Marine fulltime, year-round, empties are offered, paid time off, holidays, and competitive wage, 401K, and health insurance benefits. We are a rapidly growing company that values their employees and offers a fun and positive, challenging work environment. Our employees also have several opportunities to get on-board a Malibu/ Axis/ Bennington boats to try a water sports activity of their choosing! We like to work hard and play hard.
MARINE TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Expertly diagnose a wide variety of issues based upon experience, analysis, and testing.
• Maintain leading-edge knowledge of marine diagnose technology.
• Perform routine service inspections, test, and lubricate engines and other major components.
• Repair a variety of boats including inboards, outboard and inboard/outboard, as well as trailers.
• Assist in the setup and testing of new boats.
• Ability to summarize and winterize boats of all brands.
• Be comfortable using a wide range of shop tools and equipment.
• Move boats from 19-26' in length.
• Maintain a positive attitude and be a productive member of our team.
• Provide our customers with a positive service experience.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Be a problem solver and be willing to tackle anything- Be able to work independently and efficiently.
• Provide their own set of hand tools.
• Promote the VS Marine brand.
• Any other requests from supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of engines, knowledge of electrical systems, able to haul, load and unload boats up to 26' in length.
• Trailering: Ability to trailer boats safely and efficiently, as well as launch them into water.
• Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing.
• Humility: Ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to humbly learn from them.
• Travel: Ability to travel to different locations for training and continuous improvements.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• Education/Experience: 2 years of experience in a Technical Repair role preferred
• Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with Lightspeed DMS preferred.
• Driver's License: A valid drivers license required.
• Background Check: Pass a thorough background check required.
• Drug Test: Pass: a thorough drug test required.
• Operation of Boat: Ability to operate a wide range of different boats required.
• Trailering: Trailering experience required.
• Technician: 1 year
• Customer Service: 1 year
• Boating: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000 to $100,000/year
• High School or equivalent
• Technical Repairs: 1 year
Required License or Certification:
• Malibu, Indmar, Honda, Yamaha
Our customers are more than just clients, and VS Marine is more than just a boat dealer – we’re your neighbor. Conveniently located just north of San Luis Obispo, CA!